Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Words I never said...

In the heat of the moment, I let you sizzle and burn. Instead of being calm, cool, and collective, I added to the flames! I let you silence me when I silence myself for no one. You had never been so sure of anything in your life, but that day, I let you feel so secure with lies! You claimed my love was cold, so i froze; I vowed never to melt again. Before, I had been like puddles, flooding the doors to your heart...the heavens were leaking, so In Love, I fell like rain. But that was before the storm...

These days I can replay our moments like songs, but I have yet to learn the lyrics. Like listening to the wind, you never truly hear it until something is blown away...so there goes love...and all the words I have to say cannot undo the past.

No comments: