Thursday, June 4, 2009

TRUE 80z Baby....


Goodness, I don't know what it is, but suddenly I feel compelled to play songs with that same cow bell and "Kick, Bass, snare" Beat!! lol...music from the 80/90z have a Distinct sound & you can't escape it!!! I was up all night, WIRED, like I was on some vintage drug...lol...that Back in the day Crack was no joke....haha, never smoked a day in my life, but Goodness, you knew when you walked down the street, when that guy was crawling around on Cement "treasure hunting"..he was on the Rock!!...You don't see that too often these days (well not in Cali...Denver's a Whole nutha story!! lol). But OMG....So I had a rush & all these falshbacks came pouring in!!!

And then I just start blurting out songs like "You Take the good, You take The Bad, Take them both & what do ya have the Facts of life"!!!! lol...To this day, My aunty still Calls me "TOOTY", it's a nick name that sticks...i was a fairly nosey & talkative child (much has changed! lol).

And then I remembered Family Ties??! OMG NOBODY talks about them anymore....Michael Keaton was posed to take me to Prom!!! lol...It was a dream, I wanted to be Veronica Keaton...Shows like Saved By the Bell and Fresh Prince came along, but you never really forgot that Different World started it all!!! Like when Whitley & Dwayne-wayne, FINALLY got to be together!!!...Their love made way for movies like Brown Sugar, Love&bball, etc

Now Everybody wants to fall in love with their best guy friend?!! lol...And then Martin...Goodness...I was sooo mad, never allowed to watch his "dirty mouth"...couldn't "condone" the publicized "fornication" going on, on the show, so stuff like that...You just Snuck!! lol....

Or what about when Lisa finally kissed Zack..and Poor Screech was heart broken! Or how Laura chose Steve (urkel) over Stephon?!!! lol...Why was he suddenly "fine", as if he truly looked different?! Perhaps that was the beginning of understanding the definition of SWAGG??! All in all, shows like Cosby, Blossom (once her brother started smokin "pot" couldn't watch?!lol), 21 Jump St (nooobody remembers that one!!), Full House, Dougie Howser!!! OMG, he's the reason we all Blog today!!! Because of him I am forever in love with shows with over-dubbed commentaries!! lol...I wanted to be a child Dr. like him, type SLOW like him (mission accomplished)....lol...BacK in the Day when I was Young, Not a Kid anymore....but some days, I wish I was a Kid again.....



and Then I think of songs Like "Jesse's Girl"...&& the ipod goes on shuffle!! =)

No comments: