Thursday, July 9, 2009

Never Again.

wow...I never though i'd have an Ode to pain


but as i sit here, being charmed by "purple rain"


I realize you were never my prince


and ever since i decided to take back the remnants of my heart


the silence has never screamed so loud


and as this rain falls fresh from clouds


nine lives have come to an end


eight years of being just friends


i should've known back then


when seven numbers showed up on my phone


telling me that six years, wasted and gone, meant i'd spend two more alone


trying to figure out, how you could do me so wrong


as if my five fingers didn't egg you on


i played my part, gave you my heart, abusing three small words


gave you two big promises


one you never heard


still my Ode to pain lives in Ten letters: two words...





NEVER AGAIN.



*(old post; still valid)

2 comments:

it'sok2bu*nique* said...

love it

Kelly Nina Kiyyah said...

very nice *clapping* i can totally relate to this!!! NEVER AGAIN is wat we always say but when the situation actually comes around do we do it to ourselves again????...only time will tell!!!!!

Kiyyah of *AF* girls
www.theafgirls.com