Sunday, September 27, 2009

Tracks of My Tears....




People say I'm the life of the party


Because I tell a joke or two


Although I might be laughing loud and hearty


Deep inside I'm blue




So take a good look at my face


You'll see my smile looks out of place


If you look closer, it's easy to trace


The tracks of my tears..




I need you, need you




Since you left me if you see me with another girl


Seeming like I'm having fun


Although she may be cute


She's just a substitute


Because you're the permanent one..




So take a good look at my face


You'll see my smile looks out of place


If you look closer, it's easy to trace The tracks of my tears..




I need you, need you




Outside I'm masquerading


Inside my hope is fading


Just a clown oh yeah


Since you put me down


My smile is my make up I wear since my break up with you..




So take a good look at my face


You'll see my smile looks out of place


If you look closer, it's easy to trace


........The tracks of my tears




-Smokey Robinson




*Smokey Robinson is the lyric king!! He's responsible for a lot of Motown Hits & this is a song he performed with the Miracles!! I Love him...I have 2 of his albums & when i get my record player i'll have to start collecting his vinyls!! :) && That line is literally golden, the way he phrased it both vocally & figuratively; DOPE!...def. One of my FAVORITE songwriters!


Trey Songz had a song called "Missing You" where he dropped a line stating "& i can't stop seeing your face, in every girl i try to replace you with, Why can't I get over it, Baby cuz I can't...I can't stop Missing You"! lol...it's funny because People really do this stuff: Put on a show, act like they've grown, moved on, etc.


...but really all you have to do is look close to see the tracks of their tears!

No comments: