Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dear Love,

I've been avoiding this for quite some time, but i finally decided to face you

all those years i was so busy trying to replace you

drawing my own conclusions, still i could never trace you

...so i colored outside the lines

and i swear i must've turned the page a thousand times

only to find my world was black and white

something was missing and nothing seemed to be right

but as long as i had you, it was worth another fight

so i kept trying

sometimes love knocks you down

and sometimes you're just lying to mask the truth

i was knocked down and out

...these stitches are the proof that
love lost is love never had

so really what's the use

you took my heart beat just to pound it with abuse

showed me rose colored paintings

your Lies became the muse

so here's an eye for an I forgive...

My Dear love,

i live to give you chances...










-shandra e.

4 comments:

Chymere said...

I love it I love it!!!

RoByn LaTice said...

This is beautiful....sounds like your reading my heart.

RiekaBaby said...

nice!!

Shandra E...*the misses said...

Thanks everyone!!! glad you all could understand, relate and/or appreciate this :)