Monday, January 4, 2010

day FOUR & FIVE DOWN. 360 to go...




Tonight is the night I'll finally go NATURAL!!! ;D



Day 4: I'm sooo happy/excited! After youtubing & reading so many blogs (shout outs to Sunshine http://www.naturalhairnaturalproducts.com/
& Mae http://www.naturalchica.com/!!) I finally decided to give it a try myself!! However, because natural hair is so high maintenance, I'll have to wait until I learn/develop quicker pacing before i can do my hair every morning! I need to be able to wake up & go so that i'll be hitting L.A traffic (heading North. OUCH!) in the morning!! I can't wait though...I'll probably start dibbling/dabbling in February though (*shrugs...least i could do for black history month. lol) But come Summertime, i'll have more than Clothes & hott weather to be excited about, i'll be a Full-Time natural & lovin' it! :)



Day 5 (The Reveal): So after washing my hair last night, i woke up anxious to see the outcome of my efforts! lol... Here's my FIRST TRY at a two-strand-twist-out, let alone anything completely natural (meaning No press or blow dry either...of course no weaves, texturizers or chemicals, but that's an obvious given!)!!! ;o)
Overall, I LOVED the whole experience!! && I LOVED MY HAIR!! It's crazy because i even saw undertones in my skin that have been hiding for a long time! lol...& i must say i adored the low key "salute" to Michael's hair style in the 90z!! He actually used to wear his hair like this for a while! haha...NO i didn't do it on purpose (didn't know my hair would even come out like this?! really i had no expectations?!)



Did I mention I LOVE MY HAIR! ;o)

9 comments:

Supastarrr said...

YAY! you look gorgeous!

Shandra E...*the misses said...

Thanx so much!! I was so scared for such a LONG time, but I Finally went for it!!! When I think of my fear, it's kind of sad...i haven't had a perm in 10 yrs anyway??! lol...so idk, maybe i was afraid to see what my texture was/wasn't (i stay in weaves so much, didn't even know)?! Or maybe I was afraid that my head would look Oversized (although it IS & i've accepted this yrz ago??) LMBO...really, i was just Afraid to be Completely ME since people have grown SO/TOO accustomed to Me with additives...still, i was not "less than" withOUT those mixing tracks...I actually felt MORE beautiful than ever!!! :)
sux that i'll "have" to wait till summer or even February?!

BUT i just came up with an idea to be ALL Nat-u-ral on weekends at least!! lol...eventually I'll be on a 24/7 adventure...yeah, i won't make it till summer! lol

Kimberly Michelle said...

BEAUTIFUL!! =)

PS: YOU'RE FEATURED ON MY BLOG! =) YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!

Kimberly Michelle said...

PS: BANTU KNOTS ALSO DELIVER GREAT RESULTS! YOUTUBE IT! YOU'LL LOVE IT =).

RiekaBaby said...

YAY!! Congrats girl! U look great!!!

Chymere said...

it's beautiful!!!

Melanie! said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!

Pretty :)

-Mel

Shandra E...*the misses said...

*tear....Thanx soo much yall!!
...you guys are great!!! :)

RoByn LaTice said...

Aww..this is so pretty on you! I'm going natural too! :)