Sunday, January 24, 2010

Week 4:Make a Wish....

yesterday morning, i woke up early, with intentions of catching 'The Book of Eli" at a matinee price. I wanted to spend my Saturday alone, yet productively pampering me (at a discounted price!) but plans were changed...

The first thing i did was grab my phone to check the time and i noticed i had two unread texts. The previous night, my granny and my cousin both went into the hospital for different reasons so i was reluctant to read them....I made an obvious wish "God let granny be ok"; and it came true....but my cousin was the young one, the father with growing sons, the deacon at my church. And he was the one who died. On the other hand my Granny is just fine and she's back home with my grandpa! So I'm happy, but it's bitter sweet you know....i just wish they both could've had the same happy outcome?! My granny went in for chest pains and came out fine while my cousin went in because he simply felt sick...yet he had a heart attack and passed away at the hospital...at the mere age of 42. My family is somber....it's confusing....
and emotions are mixed.....
I wouldn't trade my Granny for anything/anyone in the world!
I just wish my cousin was still alive...
he passed away (yesterday) on his mom's birthday and today his oldest son turned 21...
what wishes are they left to make????


They say to be absent from the body is to be present with The Lord. There's a spiritual roll-call going on Right now; And i believe if i was to eaves drop on Heaven, i'd hear Cousin Sam say HERE! :)
and still there is PEACE in it all.



Shandra e.

5 comments:

Ms_Cr0ss said...

That was beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family. You said it best though...To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Keep your head up!

-www.mscr0ss.blogspot.com

MiaMartolas said...

i'm so sorry for your lost. you can "steal" my quotes or pictures anytime you want to (: and thank you for enjoy them.
i know this is a difficult time for you and if you need something, someone to talk to just write me (:
and using the words of Ms_Cr0ss "keep your head up", come on girl (:

kiss *

Shandra E...*the misses said...

thanks so much you guys!!

Tip said...

i and my family's condolences go out to you and yours..you have been such a good friend to me thru comments i wish i could do more..ttysoon

love this song playing*

Kimberly Michelle said...

I'm so sorry for you loss! =( This post was very touching and real and I'm so sorry. I pray that your family cope and get through this with the Lord on your side.